Saturday, 15 July 2017

Savra, Queen of the Golgari Alter

Hello!

This post is about the most recent Savra I was commissioned to paint.


The client gave me ideas of what he wanted for the card.  I made mock ups in Paint to make sure I had the right idea and so the client could check to see if the card would be going in the right direction.

I took photos of plants found online and cropped and pasted them onto the card layout.  There was a specific idea for the text box, so I removed it, placed the reference image in the box, then typed over it to get a general idea of how it would look.

(The plant and mold images aren't my own).

Throughout the card painting progress I would send the client updates and discuss how things were going (if things were looking okay, if something needed to be changed, if something wasn't working out, if I needed to add anything).

Often cards can turn out different than how the mockup is planned as there are so many variables.


 Comparing progress:

Here's a comparison of the finished work and the mock up:

And the finished card:
The plants were quite fun to paint (aside from the hibiscus which kept being finicky.)  This was the first time I attempted a moldy/mildewy text box, and I really like how it turned out!

Have a great day!

-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

King's Quest V Alters

Good morning! These are the most recent alters that I've finished: The artwork is from King's Quest V. The acrylic paints us...