Thursday, 13 July 2017

Another Mayael Alter

Good afternoon!

Here is another post for one of the first Mayael's I finished.  This one was a commission, and the first one I did in this style.  My sister suggested using the mica with this and it was an incredible idea!! I then used mica in another alter, and I plan on using it again (it's seriously great and the effect it gives is beautiful!)

The client asked for this particular style of art.

While I can't remember the exact paints I used for this one, titanium white, carbon black, phthalo blue and magenta were probably all present, along with some green (not sure which one I used for this).

We kept the original art but went for a more zoomed-in look.

Here are some photos during it's creation:













I was very happy with how this one turned out, and it led to my making the one in the previous post.  It was also a lot of fun to work on.

One of the main problems I have when working on cards is dealing with dust.  It gets in the paint and the varnish, and makes it look more bumpy.  Unfortunately there isn't much I can do about it, but it still can be frustrating.  I usually dust my working area but it gets dusty soon after. Ah well! 

Have a great afternoon!

-Ash


No comments:

Post a Comment

King's Quest V Alters

Good morning! These are the most recent alters that I've finished: The artwork is from King's Quest V. The acrylic paints us...